Wide Open Trailer

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Behind the scenes - Poetz Corner TV

POETZ CORNER TV
PRESENTED BY STREET CONNFINEMENT MAGAZINE
HOSTED BY SHIREAL RENEE

So, I do it again. I am so very excited to announce that my vision Poetz Corner which started out as a regular column that I started in Street Connfinement Magazine has grown up. Poetz Corner will now be airing on television. I can not even begin to explain how I feel right now. In the beginning of this journey all I wanted to do was create an outlet for poets to express themselves. There are so few publications that allow poets to submit their work and be recognized and being a writer myself who does poetry I took that personal. Therefore I started the column Poetz Corner with hopes of just reaching 1 person...and that would have made me satisfied.

It turned into an overwhelming response of poets sending their work in from all over the country. It was amazing. I got work from poets in Chicago, Atlanta, Kansas, all over the U.S. the response was so huge that the column got picked up by Ugly Radio.net in January 09. While we were there the ratings went through the roof the buzz was incredible.

Being the ambitious, visionary, person that I am, I immediately thought, 'why not do it on TV'. And 9 months later...its in motion. We taped the first season this weekend, proving to myself once again that it only takes a vision to accomplish all my dreams. This vision of mine was so huge that it took a whole cast and crew to make it happen, but when people can feel the passion seeping through someones skin they are ready and willing to be a part of the dream. So many people came out to support me I felt like God himself was in the room.

Poetz Corner is a show the showcases not only poets that put their words on paper but poets that put their words in art, music, fashion, photography and more. Giving birth to a word I created called Poetsolygy; a Poetsologist is a real estate agent for words, someone who's vision itself is poetry.

I have to thank the designers who dressed me in the segments; Tru Kullaz, Carmen Veal, Kimit Designs, Beyond Couture and Cardicci Couture; the beautiful Poetz Corner models, Marianne, Rochelle, and Danisia. I have to thank my new manager Mrs. Crystal of Diva's and Ballas Salon who also was the Fashion Director and supplied all the accessories. Bubu Chulo Xtrodinar the fabulous make-artist, NE Video who did the videography and executive produced this with me. Keith Claytor of TimeFrozen photography who stepped in at the last minute to deliver amazing photographs of the behind the scenes action and all the guest who came out to make the vision a reality.

The first season of Poetz Corner will premier on www.247music365.com for anyone who misses it on TV. We will be hitting public access networks all throughout CT as well as in ATL, D.C., Boston, and NY. So for your fix of poetry like never seen before make sure you check it out. I will keep everyone posted on air times. Poetry is truly an underground phenomenon that I am about to take above ground.

Here are some behind the scenes flicks of the show.
















Poetz Corner TV will air this winter on Public Access Channels in CT, NY, ATL, Boston and D.C. air times will be posted soon. If you are not in any of these areas check us out on www.247music365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment