Wide Open Trailer

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Our Deepest Fear" By Marianne Williamnson


I have been blessed to be a part of the cast of "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" directed by Darlene "Peaches" Brandon! This experience has been pure therapy for me. God has sent me a group of women who have been able to lift my spirit just by their presence.

In this group is my friend and favorite poet Mind Evolution. God planted seeds of friendship in us almost instantly and this cast has allowed the seeds of friendship to bloom. Last night as she and I were talking she told me to go read this poem "Our Deepest Fear" by Marianne Williamson. So, of course I did! Then I had to share it with all of you because it touched me so much! Thanks ME for this. You are the truth girl! Your beauty illuminates from the inside oozing out spreading contagious love and inspiration. Keep doing you it inspires me.

I am very excited about what is happening in this cast. I encourage everyone to come out and see the production of "For Colored Girls..." at Classical Magnet School the last weekend in September. It will change your life. It has already began to change mine.

Thank you ladies for being you and allowing me to be me. Peaches I'm ready, please stretch me!
"I...LIKE...ICE...CREAM"

OUR DEEPEST FEAR

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

2 comments:

  1. i've enjoyed this poem for sometime now. Its definitely the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes DezineDiva this poem hits home!

    ReplyDelete